This is a post I have been so excited to make because:
1. I love glossier
2. I finally got to test and play around with their skincare products.
I will be reviewing the phase 1 set, which is Glossier’s basic skin essentials. The set includes:
- Milky Jelly Cleanser
- Priming Moisturizer
- Balm Dotcom (the flavor of your choice)
Here are my thoughts on these cult favorites:
Milky Jelly Cleanser
- Time used: 4 Weeks.
- Observations: – It is not like a normal cleanser (foam free) and it does not irritate your eyes, meaning that you can open your eyes while using the cleanser. It is a combination of a jelly cream that takes your makeup come off if used on dry skin and it simply cleanses when used on wet skin.
- What I like: It does not make my face tight and it is very moisturizing. Other cleansers leave my skin feeling tight and dry afterward but this one is very gentle and moisturizing. My skin feels extremely soft and clean.
- What I don’t like: I use the cleanser to remove my makeup but I feel like it does not remove my foundation completely because when I use my toner the cotton comes out dirty. For it to completely remove my makeup, I have to use about 3 or 4 pumps.
- To whom would I recommend it to: EVERYONE! This is a very gentle cleanser that would work for any skin type in my opinion. It is moisturizing and mattifies your face at the same time.
- Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Time used: 4 weeks
- Observations: Fast absorption.
- What I like: It is quick and easy to use. I am always in a rush in the morning so I mix my foundation and my moisturizer to create a bb cream (kind of) and I find that it mixes very well with my foundation and it sets pretty quickly. Foundation looks good on top of it, it creates a nice base for your foundation.
- What I don’t like: I have a combination skin type. My t-zone is oily and the rest of my face is dry, so I find that it works just fine on those oily parts of my face but the rest of my skin feels as though it needs a bit more hydration, especially during the winter.
- To whom would I recommend it to: I would recommend this to someone who was looking for just a primer but not a moisturizer I feel like you need to use a separate moisturizer with this in order for your skin to get proper hydration.
- Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Time used: 4 weeks.
- Observations: The balm is supposed to be a salve but after a couple of weeks mine started to become an oil. It kind of applies as a gloss after you have spread it on your lips, unlike the EOS lip balm that feels thicker and ends up drying your lips.
- What I like: It is extremely hydrating! My lips have suffered during the winter and this has been their savior. Not only does it feel luxurious, nourishing and nice but the coconut one smells like paradise.😍
- What I don’t like: It started to melt even though I always kept it in cool places but regardless it still does the job and my lips love it! Not much to dislike.
- To whom would I recommend it to: EVERYONE THAT HAS LIPS!
- Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Overall I am VERY pleased with my purchase. The packaging that it came in was so aesthetically pleasing and cute (as everything they do). I think glossier is every girl’s dream brand. They represent the cool new york women everyone ones to be. I love their brand, what they stand for, and their products. I hope they come up with bigger sizes for each product because I am using them non-stop.
If you want to get 10% off your first Glossier order use the link below:
See you next time,